Monday, August 1, 2011

Lucy goes to Adelaide

You know when something is niggling at the back of your mind? Like you forgot to turn the iron off before you raced out the door for work but you’re not sure if that’s what you forgot to remember? My whole life has been like that for about 6 weeks. 

Finally , today (and not unprompted by Lucy’s mother Jenni) I finally realised the niggly feeling has been because I hadn’t written my post about my famous house guest. Who left here weeks ago. Who I kept hostage at my house for wayyyyyyyyy longer than I should have. Just more evidence I've completely lost the plot.

So the famous Lucy and I got up to all sorts of things when she visited me in Adelaide.  I have to say I know she looks all cute and innocent but she has a wicked streak. Here's a round up of some of our adventures. 

We visited Haighs. Guess who threw a tanty when it was time to leave? 


Can I help it if I didn’t want to come home? 





Lucy bought Jenni some chocolate and posted it home with a postcard. 


Lucy came to work with me and chaired a very important meeting meeting. She certainly knows how to crack a whip and keep us all in line.


Looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth doesn't she? 


15 minutes later I had to pull her off the photocopier because someone dared her to copy her own butt...


I had to explain to her that is a sackable offence. 

We went shopping in the city where we stopped to look at a cow playing the violin


and where Lucy tried to take on a bronze pig statue.


We snuggled up tight at night under a new quilt made especially for Lucy because winters are cold in Adelaide.


Lucy tried her hand at stitching. 


Mordecai thought she was food. I caught him on the internet looking up recipes for rabbit stew. 



We played hide and seek 


Lucy tried to teach me how to spin wool. She told me I should stick to quilting.



Lola helped me keep Lucy out of Mordecai's clutches. They became fast friends. 


We sewed and gossiped.  


Lucy got into a few scrapes aside from the unfortunate photocopier incident.  She got stuck up this ladder and we had to call the fire brigade to come and rescue her. ( I'm pretty sure she just wanted to see the cute firemen) 


And we read stories and had a ton of fun!


Lucy is off on another adventure and I can't wait to see what she gets up to next!

P.S. I'm pretty sure she got into my Southern Comfort while she was here but I cant prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. 

5 comments:

  1. No wonder Lucy kept quiet about her Trip to Adelaide, she certainly didn't lack for opportunity to get into mischief and seems to have provided great entertainment all round! I love the photo of Mordacai eying her off, I shouldn't worry though she is a fast bunny...
    Shay her quilt is divine, she will never want to get out of bed now! Thank you so much for having Lucy as a houseguest, it looks like you both had a great time together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what had happened to Lucy ... Looks like y'all had a great time. I'm glad Lucy didn't get you fired. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I missed this post!! So funny, Lucy and the photocopier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-huh. And where is that girl's MOTHER, I want to know??? Oh, yes, modeling gorgeous sweaters. Well, I'd expect no lack of spirit, knowing her family background - the kind of girl who knows how to take like by the back of the neck and shake it till it shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious! I missed these updates on Lucy, so good to see her funny little face peering out through all the piccys :o)

    ReplyDelete